If you had any doubts or misgivings about the advantages associated with owning your very own credit card, take a brief moment to peruse the enlightening facts displayed below:
- Organisation: If you’ve experienced difficulties with regard to maintaining a proper budget, tracking expenses, and balancing your accounts, a credit card may very well be the saving grace that you’ve been looking for. Many of today’s most popular credit cards offer comprehensive money-management platforms through which you can keep a close eye on your monthly statements and day-to-day charges, which will help you stay on top of your financial habits and finally take control of your economic
- Inclusive Security: Modernised credit cards feature incredible fraud-prevention aspects ranging from chip card technology and photo identification protocols to real-time security alerts and even unlimited replacement cards. Thus, you’ll never have to worry about an unauthorised individual charging expenses to your account, regardless of where you happen to be.
- Insured Protection: The most reputable credit card providers tend to include purchase protection (for defective goods), travel insurance, car rental insurance, and even life insurance within each individual account. These integral features effectively insulate you from the most common financial vicissitudes in today’s day and age.
- Amazing Savings and Bonuses: In stark contrast to using checks or cash, credit cards allow you to bolster your creditworthiness simply by using the card for your monthly expenditures and you can also avail yourself of lucrative value-added inclusions such as cash back bonuses, airline miles, free gifts, and various alternative perks to boot.
- Convenience: The days of scrambling to find a nearby ATM are long gone. With a viable credit card at your disposal, you’ll be able to save yourself from the detriments associated with having to carry large quantities of cash on hand, especially if your card comes with a cash advance feature.
How to Pick the Perfect Credit Card
If you’re ready to establish a credit card account, the onus is on you to ensure that you’re partnering with a reputable and trustworthy banking institution, ideally one that is a PIDM member and accredited by the Financial Consumer Alert List.
But, beyond these two aspects, you’ll also want to work with a bank that provides a comprehensive credit card evaluation tool so that you can make credit card comparisons in Malaysia or wherever you happen to live. The ideal comparison tool will allow you to assess your options on a side-by-side basis by providing an easy-to-understand feature listing directly on the bank’s website:
- Key Benefits: Each card on offer should come with a vast array of included benefits ranging from unlimited rebates, fee waivers, complimentary insurance, 0% interest financing, and corporate protection.
- Intuitive Requirements: Each listed credit card should come with a comprehensible age and income requirement to help you pick the ideal parameters for your needs.
- Annual Fees: For high-end credit card accounts that are replete with valuable perks, you’ll probably have to pay a yearly membership fee. The comparison tool should include a detailed listing of these annual fee requirements for each exclusive credit card.